Makizhmithran International Film Festival is a popular film festival in South Tamil Nadu, and is committed to provide a communication platform for the youth filmmakers of India and the world.
The film industry is a dream come true to many aspiring actors, directors, photographers, designers, makeup artists, editors, costume designers, set designers, writers, screenplay writers, and many other artists.
“Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you’re a director. Everything after that you’re just negotiating your budget and your fee.”
- James Cameron.
RULES & TERMS
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. Submitting your film to the MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive an award or certificate. We treat every filmmaker equally.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
- Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
- The MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL reserves the right to refuse entries.
- The MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
- After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
- A nominee will be privately screened for the MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
- A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- MAKIZHMITHRAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.